FAIR4Health project officially started on the 1st of December 2018 and will be running for 3 years.
FAIR4Health is a research project funded by the European Commission through the Horizon 2020 Research Programme under the topic “Science with and for Society SwafS-04-2018: Encouraging the re-use of research data generated by publically funded research projects”. This project is coordinated by Virgen del Rocío University Hospital of the Andalusian Health Service (SAS) accounting with 17 partners from 11 EU and non-EU countries (Spain, Portugal, Italy, UK, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Netherlands, Belgium, Serbia and Turkey). The consortium consists of 6 health research organisations, 2 universities internationally recognised as experts in data management, 2 universities and 2 institutes with strong background on medical informatics, and 5 business actors. The project officially started on the 1st of December 2018 and will be running for 3 years.
The FAIR4Health consortium joins forces to facilitate and encourage the EU Health Research community to share and reuse their datasets derived from publicly funded research initiatives by applying the FAIR principles (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable); through the demonstration of the potential impact that such strategy will have on health outcomes and health research. In this sense, FAIR4Health will apply privacy-preserving distributed data mining techniques over the shared datasets to develop 2 pathfinder case studies: (i) supporting the discovery of disease onset triggers and disease association patterns in comorbid patients, and (ii) a prediction service for 30-days readmission risk in complex chronic patients.
FAIR4Health outcomes will inform the European Commission’s transversal strategy on the management of datasets generated with publically funded research initiatives.
The partners involved in FAIR4Health project are:
- Servicio Andaluz de Salud (Spain)
- Instituto Aragonés de Ciencias de la Salud (Spain)
- Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (Spain)
- Atos Spain SAE (Spain)
- University for Health Sciences, Medical Informatics and Technology (Austria)
- HL7 Foundation (Belgium)
- Institut für Medizinische Informatik, Statistik und Epidemiologie - Universität Leipzig KöR (Germany)
- Academic Medical Center of University of Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- Université de Genève (Switzerland)
- Peter L. Reichertz Institute for Medical Informatics, University of Braunschweig (Germany)
- Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (Italy)
- European Federation of Medical Informatics (Switzerland)
- Digital Curation Centre, University of Edinburgh (United Kingdom)
- Garrigues (Spain)
- Software Research and Development Consultancy (Turkey)
- University of Porto (Portugal)
- Institute of Pulmonary Diseases of Vojvodine (Serbia).
FAIR4Health has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 824666